Hate having to rush home after a long day at work or running errands only to change your entire outfit to go out for drinks with the girls afterwards? Take out the middle man and transform your day look for night this season with a few simple fashion secrets from the super stylish model Porschla Kidd. As a full-time mom to her two children, wife to New York Knicks point guard Jason Kidd and guest blogger for HauteLiving.com, Porschla definitely knows a thing or two about managing her time, so who better to get time-saving style tips from? With these five transitional fashion tips, you’ll be seamlessly going from the cubicle to the club and looking fabulous all the while in between!
1. Ladies, why do we love when fall rolls around? Because that means amazing hair days! There is nothing better than getting your hair blown out, then stepping outside in the cool breeze with no humidity. To vamp up my hair for the night, I always add volume to it with ORIBE’s Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray ($38 on oribe.com) and ORIBE’s Superfine Hair Spray ($29 on oribe.com). You just spray, tousle and you are one sexy momma for the night!
2. You never want to be to heavy with the make-up during the day. I like to keep it fresh and pretty. One trick I do to make me look like I’m wearing nothing but still have a glow is NARS Foreplay Blush Palette ($49 on sephora.com). You stroke it on very lightly and BAM, you’re glowing. To be sultry and sexy for the night, you just brush a few more strokes and it’s perfect for date night!
3. Denim is a staple in any woman’s closet. I so happen to love Helmut Lang’s Gloss Wash Jean ($230 on saksfifthavenue.com). I throw them on with a pair of ballet flats to walk my son to school. To jazz things up for the night, I pair them with heels. These jeans are so stylish and perfect for all day/night wear.
4. You can never go wrong with a cross-body bag, like this Kate Spade Dove Snake Embossed Leather Crossbody ($338 on saksfifthavenue.com) These bags are so convenient and easy to use. I’m a mother of two and I need to be able to move freely without worrying about carrying my purse. Cross-body bags are essential during the day and cool chic at night.
5. Last, but definitely not least, is color lip stain! I don’t make a move without my color lip stain. I’ve tried several brands and they all work the same to me. My fave color for the fall is a dark Bordeaux red lip stain. You put it on in the morning, and you’re good to go all day and night!
Image credit: collegecandy.com
Porschla (Coleman) Kidd was born in Gulfport, Mississippi. At the age of 17, Porschla moved to New York City to pursue modeling after being scouted by an agent and within just months, her modeling career took off. Her exotic beauty landed her high-profile campaigns with major fashion brands including Danskin, RocaWear and Frederick’s of Hollywood, among others. Porschla spends a large portion of her time giving back to the community, specifically as the Executive Director of The Jason Kidd Foundation, named after her husband, New York Knick Jason Kidd. The Jason Kidd Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing opportunities for young people to succeed in life through education despite their economic background. Porschla’s unrelenting and dedicated work at the JKF has been recognized throughout the country. Her hobbies include cooking, fashion and design, and she is currently working on creating children’s clothing company inspired by her two kids. She resides in New York City with her husband and their two young children, Chance and Noah Grace.