Gingham Style @ Kate Spade
Kate Spade’s classic preppy-chic style was emulated on the long pointed nails of models at her spring 2013 show with gingham prints in bright colors. Celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann’s boxy design is fun, easy and sassy!
What You’ll Need: Deborah Lippmann’s “I Kissed a Girl” from her Run the World Collection ($45 on neimanmarcus.com), My Prerogative (coming soon), “Amazing Grace” ($16 on lippmanncollection.stores.yahoo.ne) and “Lara’s Theme” ($16 each at lippmanncollection.stores.yahoo.ne).
What You’ll Do:
1. Start with two coats of an opaque white shade.
2. Place three thin strips of tape horizontally parallel to each other on each of your nails with equal space between them.
3. Cut three longer strips and place them vertically across the horizontal strips to create a checkered look. Use as many strips as you’d like!
4. Paint a bright color over each nail (two coats is best) and let them dry before peeling back the strips of tape.
5. Finish with a shiny topcoat.
Image credit: stylebistro.com