Hello, dip-dye! With this haute new trend hitting the fashion world by storm, we thought it would be très cool to bring this trend to your table! Although this may look on the tricky side, this DIY Ombre Tablecloth from Oh Happy Day is well-worth the effort and will leave your dinner party guests in complete awe!
What You’ll Need: Large bucket of water, a storage bin like this Sterilite Storage Box ($23.70 on amazon.com), piece of canvas tablecloth like this Trimaco Canvas Drop Cloth ($15.99 on amazon.com), fabric dye like Rit Dye – Purple #13 Liquid ($3.35 on onlinefabricstore.net), two clip hangers, and cups of clean water.
What You’ll Do:
1. Fold the canvas tablecloth horizontally (long ways), leaving part of the canvas exposed. Clip the hangers onto the cloth and hang/hold the hangers up. Your canvas should now be over the dye in the bucket of water.
2. Let the canvas soak in the dye for a half hour, and then begin pouring the cups of clean water carefully down the side. This process will begin fading out the top of the dye job. Repeat this process three times.
3. Remove the canvas from the dye and hang to dry for 2-3 hours.
4. After the canvas has dried, fold it up the opposite way and repeat the same process for the other side!
* Shecky’s Tip: You may want to try this process on a scrap piece of canvas fabric, as it can take a few tries to master the dip-dye skill!
Image credit: remodelista.com