July is winding down and we’ve spent all month drooling over the stylish celebs that have covered our favorite fashion magazines, from Emma Stone’s bleach blonde bombshell ‘do and romantic makeup on Vogue to Kristen Stewart’s glam retro-esque beauty look on Vanity Fair. The month may almost be over but you still have plenty of time to recreate one of the fabulous beauty looks from our favorite July covers. With tips from celebrity make-up artists Piper Cline and Julie Tussey of NYC’s Angelo David Salon, we’ve got the tricks and tools you’ll need to get these gorgeous makeup and hair styles!
Emma Stone- Vogue
Makeup by Piper Cline of Angelo David Salon
Face: Apply Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer ($34 on sephora.com) in a neutral color all over face to add natural luminosity to the complexion. Brush on Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup in Ivory ($47 on sephora.com) with a foundation brush for a natural-looking finish. Using a concealer brush, apply Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Ivory ($33 on bobbibrowncosmetics.com) around the eyes, from the inner to the outer eye corners up to the lash line. Gently pat product using your ring finger. Around the apples of the cheeks, use NARS Blush in Amour ($28 on narscosmetics.com).
Eyes: Sweep on Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow in Riches ($19 on smashbox.com). With the Tapered Shadow Brush ($24.09 on smashbox.com), apply the shadow onto the upper eyelid, smudge on the lashline and apply to the inner corners of eyelids. Apply a thick layer of Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in Mat Black 0L ($18 on sephora.com) to the top lash line and the outer half of the bottom lash line. Swipe on several coats Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara to top and bottom lashes, then apply Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel ($24 on bobbibrowncosmetics.com) in Caramel color ($21 on anastasia.net) to the eyebrows to fill them in.
Lips: Apply Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector ($18 on sephora.com) to top and bottom lips to prevent lipstick from bleeding. Slick on Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF 12 in bare pink color to top and bottom lips.
1. Spray hair with the Angelo David Long & Strong Detangler ($17.50 on angelodavid.com), followed with the Angelo David Foaming Sea Silk Styler ($21.50 on angelodavid.com) to prepare for styling.
2. Begin blow drying hair by sections using the Angelo David Large Round Brush ($55 on angelodavid.com), then create a deep side part.
3. Loosely pull hair to the back to create a chignon, allowing huge sections of hair in the front to fall off. We want the look a bit messy but maintaining it softness.
4. Feel free to create soft little loose waves in the front using a 2 inch barrel curling iron. Lightly sweep the larger front section to the side using a paddle brush.
5. Finish the look with L’Oreal Textureline Infinium 2 Regular Hold Professional Hairspray ($13.99 on sleekhair.com) for a strong hold, without the stiffness.
Image Credit: 90district.com
Tips by: Julie Tussey & Piper Cline of Angelo David Salon, New York City, NY.
Angelo David Salon provides Couture Hair solutions that address any hair challenge. Completely customized Couture Hair Extensions & Additions are 100-percent human hair and are designed on-site to match each client’s hair texture, type and color, as well as lifestyle. During an initial consultation, clients and their specialist explore every option together. When designing is complete, the Couture Hair is custom-fitted and seamlessly applied, using the ideal attachment method for the individual. Then, the hair is cut and styled for flawless blending. Like haute couture designs, everything about Couture Hair is original and personalized. As a result of years of research and development, Angelo David Couture Hair and Extensions can solve any hair challenge.