One of our favorite red carpet regulars, Jennifer Lopez celebrated the big 4-3 this week, and while talk of Mariah Carey’s replacing Lopez as a judge on “American Idol” might have overshadowed the “Dance Again” diva’s birthday, we decided to celebrate J. Lo’s special day by highlighting some of her best beauty looks from over the years. With help from the expert stylists over at New York City’s Angelo David Salon, we’ve got great tips and tricks for you to recreate six of Ms. Lopez’s lovely makeup and hair looks!
Like her perfume of the same name, Jennifer Lopez literally glows with signature sun-kissed skin, sexy neutral makeup and long honey-tinged tresses that she sported at the 11th annual Latin Grammy Awards in 2010. To recreate the look:
1. Prepare washed hair for styling using the Angelo David Foaming Sea Silk Styler ($21.50 on angelodavid.com) and start blow drying hair.
2. Once hair is dry, spray with Angelo David Long & Strong Detangler ($17.50 on angelodavid.com) to protect hair from the heat of styling tools.
3. Part hair in the middle then grab section by section to start creating loose curls with a 2 inch barrel curling iron.
4. Here is the key to get those loose curls: begin running your finger your hair, separating them to create a very tousled, piece-y, beachy look.
5. Using a great round brush (such as the Angelo David Large Round Brush, $55 on angelodavid.com), grab front section of hair and brush the curls outward to frame the face beautifully, while maintaining the soft, piece-y appearance.
6. Finish the look with L’Oreal Textureline Infinium 2 Regular Hold Professional Hairspray ($13.99 on sleekhair.com) for a strong hold, without the stiffness.
1. Start with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20- Illuminating ($43 on lauramercier.com) all over face to give the skin a youthful glow.
2. To give you that sun kissed look, use Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Duane Bronze ($32 on lauramercier.com) lightly swept over the face.
3. Apply a neutral matte eyeshadow color on the lids. Try Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Café au Lait ($22 on lauramercier.com).
4. Apply Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Smoke ($24 on lauramercier.com) around the top eyelid then a several coats of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Black ($24 on lauramercier.com) in the top lashes.
5. Apply Laura Mercier Shimmer Lip Colour in Belle ($24 on lauramercier.com) to bring a little lightness and shimmer to the lips.
Image Credit: stylebistro.com
Tips Courtesy of: Angelo David Salon, New York City, NY.
Angelo David Salon provides Couture Hair solutions that address any hair challenge. Completely customized Couture Hair Extensions & Additions are 100-percent human hair and are designed on-site to match each client’s hair texture, type and color, as well as lifestyle. During an initial consultation, clients and their specialist explore every option together. When designing is complete, the Couture Hair is custom-fitted and seamlessly applied, using the ideal attachment method for the individual. Then, the hair is cut and styled for flawless blending. Like haute couture designs, everything about Couture Hair is original and personalized. As a result of years of research and development, Angelo David Couture Hair and Extensions can solve any hair challenge.