Blake Lively’s been one of our go-to stylish starlets ever since hitting it big with “Gossip Girl” in ’07 and she’s only gotten better over the years! The beautiful blonde is a regular red carpet show-stopper from head to toe, with hair and makeup looks that are just as fabulous as the fashionable frocks she struts her stuff in. With her new film Savages coming out today, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite Blake Lively beauty looks from film premieres, award shows and red carpet strolls, with expert tips from celeb hairstylist Angelo David and makeup artist Piper Cline of NYC’s Angelo David Salon so you can recreate this gorgeous Gossip Girl’s looks at home!
Lively channeled old Hollywood glamour at the Los Angeles premiere of Savages, with Veronica Lake-esque curls and a retro red lip that perfectly complemented her va-va-voom nude strapless Zuhair Murad couture gown. Recreate the glam makeup and hair styles with these expert tips:
1. Prepare washed hair with the Angelo David Foaming Sea Silk Styler ($21.50 on angelodavid.com) and Angelo David Premier Volume Spray ($18.50 on angelodavid.com) to achieve maximum volume, then begin blow drying sections of hair.
2. Create a deep side part, then do one run of the 1 ½ curling barrel iron to the smaller part.
3. For the larger part, create tousled waves by running each small section of hair onto a 1 ½ curling barrel iron, then secure with pins at the top .
4. Once done, release all the pins and run your hands through the curls.
5. Finish the look with L’oreal Textureline Infinium Professional Hairspray ($13.99 on sleekhair.com) for a strong hold, without the stiffness.
1. Face: Begin with Dior Skinflash Primer ($42 on sephora.com) all over face. Using a foundation brush, apply Dior Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup ($47 on sephora.com) all over face. Conceal problem areas using Dior Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer ($30 on sephora.com). With a concealer brush, apply product under the eye area and blend with your fingertips. For your blush, use Dior Rosy Glow Health Glow Awakening Blush ($44 on sephora.com) around the apples of the cheeks
2. Eyes: Apply Dior Ultra-Smoothing High Impact Eyeshadow in Crystal White 006 ($29 on sephora.com) all over eye and on the tear line. Line the ends of the eyes with Dior Style Liner in Noir Black ($34 on sephora.com). For voluminous lashes, do 2 coats of Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara ($28.50 on sephora.com) to top and bottom lashes.
3. Lips: Line both top and bottom lips with Dior Dior Rouge Automatic Lip Liner in Cinnamon 736 ($29 on dior.com). Finish the lips with Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Blazing Red #638 ($32 on sephora.com).
Image Credit: justjared.com, redcarpet-fashionawards.com
Tips by: Angelo David & Piper Cline of Angelo David Salon, New York City, NY.
Angelo David Salon provides Couture Hair solutions that address any hair challenge. Completely customized Couture Hair Extensions & Additions are 100-percent human hair and are designed on-site to match each client’s hair texture, type and color, as well as lifestyle. During an initial consultation, clients and their specialist explore every option together. When designing is complete, the Couture Hair is custom-fitted and seamlessly applied, using the ideal attachment method for the individual. Then, the hair is cut and styled for flawless blending. Like haute couture designs, everything about Couture Hair is original and personalized. As a result of years of research and development, Angelo David Couture Hair and Extensions can solve any hair challenge.