For a while now there has been a fashion frenzy over donning duct tape as a fashion item. Although we’re not fawning over the duct tape craze, there is a time and a place to use this hardware-store staple as a fashion piece: the beach tote! The texture of the tape makes a beach day an easy day—you can tote soaked suits, sandy flip-flops, wet towels and necessary sunscreen, with an easy clean up for when you get home. This nautical-inspired DIY Waterproof Beach Bag (from familyfun.go.com) can be made with the items you already, most likely ones you have sitting around your house! How can it get easier than that?
What You’ll Need: Thirteen gallon garbage bag, scissors, colored duct tape (as many as you’d like), a pen, a ruler and four 2-foot pieces of cotton cording.
What You’ll Do:
1. Cut along one side seam and the bottom seam of the garbage bag, and tape the sheet out flat atop your workspace surface.
2. When you have finished creating the pattern for your bag, cut out the rectangle and flip it over.
3. Lay the cotton cording over both shorter ends of the rectangle about 1 inch inward. Fold the edge of the rectangle over the cotton cording and tape it down on both sides.
4. After, fold the rectangle in half and tape the sides to form your beautiful bag.
5. Lastly, to create the drawstring pulls, knot each end of the cotton cords. Ta, da! You created an envy-worthy, waterproof beach tote!
Image Credit: forums.jokersupdates.com