Now we’re all for hooking up with an older man but there’s a big difference between shacking up with a George Clooney-suave type versus a Woody Allen-Bengay type. If an intimate dinner consists of me watching you readjust your dentures, I’ll have to pass! The older guy-younger gal dynamic is a tale as old as time, seen in age gap-touting celeb couples ranging from cute (ex: Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas) to creepy (we’re looking at you Courtney Stodden and Doug Hutchinson!). There’s a very fine line between hot and Hefner—sure, with an older gent, you get perks like experience and confidence, but society may do a double take when you smooch on your 50+ sweetheart or even confuse him for your dad, or worse, your grandpa! Whatever the case, before checking that 40 or 50-something box, definitely get acquainted with the pros and cons of dating an older guy.
1. Less likely to play mind games: If he’s in his forties or fifties, you won’t have to wonder “Does he like me? Why is he blowing hot ‘n’ cold? Did I do something wrong? Why isn’t he returning my bloody calls?!” There’s the exception to the rule, but 99% of the time he will implement a strict “No BS Rule.” In other words, if he likes you, you’ll know. If he wants to see you, you’ll know. If he’s feeling unsure about you, you’ll know. Older men want more than an occasional booty call so chances are, he’ll take you and the relationship seriously.
2. Has a ton of Sexual Experience: Last summer, I met this older guy who was so good in bed, I gave a silent prayer thanking God for his, um, hard work. Let’s just say it was a great summer! With years of practice, older men have made perfect and mastered the art of the female anatomy. If he was ever shy in the bedroom, that age difference gave him enough time to get over those fears, refine his bedroom skills and turn into your personal Karma Sutra. They’re all about giving and giving, and pleasing and pleasing. They’re patient, take their time and, most importantly, pay attention to your body,which is saying a lot considering younger guys are often too eager to finish the job!
3. Financially stable and has a set career: Generally speaking, older guys are usually well-established and in a better financial position than their younger counterparts. What does this mean to you? Cha-ching! Ha—just kidding! But it’s safe to say, older guys take pleasure making you feel secure in the relationship, plus it always feels nice when a guy lavishes you with presents like flowers and candy.
4. Full of wisdom and life experience: Dating an older guy has always afforded me the opportunity to learn new things—they have so much life experience that it’s only natural to be intrigued by the many lessons they’ve learned over the years. Not only will he be full of information, but great advice too!
5. Isn’t afraid to tell you what he wants:I love a confident man—I mean, who doesn’t? There’s just something sexy about a guy who knows he’s a catch and isn’t afraid to show it. While younger guys confuse confidence with arrogance, older guys know the difference and know when to turn the charm button on. Older guys aren’t afraid to get what they want or tell you what they want, which is great because if he’s just looking to have a casual relationship or something more long term, he will definitely make it clear.
6. Ages like a fine wine:What do George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Richard Gere have in common? Like a full-bodied red, they simply have gotten yummier with age! Time has made these hotties distinguished rather than boyish, which is even better in our book. That salt ‘n’ pepper hair and sophisticated dress code are just a few of the things that make these silver foxes so, well, foxy!
Image Credit: celebitchy.com