Between Cinco de Mayo celebrations and cheering on the Kentucky Derby yesterday, we forgot that it was one of our favorite singers birthdays, Adele! The “Someone Like You” songstress turned the big 2-4 yesterday (has it really been three years since 21? Girl, you need to make an awesome new album, stat!), so to celebrate, we got tips from celebrity hair and makeup artist Stacey Ellis from Byu-ti Salon on how to recreate some of the Brit beauty’s best hair and makeup looks!
1. On dry hair, spray Pureology Fortifying Heat Spray and comb through.
2. Curl the hair with a large curling iron. Take one inch sections, hold on to the ends of the section and wind around the iron and hold for 3 seconds.
3. Once the hair is curled all over, brush out the curls and work through a pea-sized amount of Pureology Cuticle Polisher to add control and shine.
4. Flip your head upside down and spray with Pureology Strengthening Control Hairspray for maximum volume!
SOFT SULTRY MAKE UP
1. For this flawless look, begin with Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation ($38 on sephora.com) applied with a sponge or foundation brush. Dust Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder ($29 on sephora.com) over the foundation for a matte finish. Get just a hint of a soft neutral tone on the cheeks with Smashbox’s Blush Rush in Paradise ($24 on sephora.com).
2. Apply a light eyeshadow color like Champagne ($16 on smashbox.com) under the brow and to the inside corner of the eye. Next, a warm taupe shade like Sable across the eyelid, blended into a matte light brown color like Walnut, applied lightly to the crease of the eye lid and well-blended. Create a soft cat eye with a cream eyeliner like Caviar ($22 on smashbox.com), applied with a fine firm brush. Plump up lashes with two coats of black Hyperlash Mascara ($21 on smashbox.com).
3. Line lips with The Nude Lip Pencil ($16 on smashbox.com), then apply Be Legendary Lipstick in Nylon Nude ($19 on smashbox.com) to complete this soft neutral look.
Image Credit: loft965.com
Tips by: Stacey Ellis of Byu-Ti Salon, Los Angeles, CA.
Byu-Ti Salon is Santa Monica’s premier hair boutique, catering to some of Hollywood’s most notable manes, including that of Ivanka Trump, Molly Sims and Eva Herzigova. The founder of Byu-Ti Salon, Natasha Sunshine, is known in the Los Angeles and New York City fashion circles for her keen sense of style and unique approach to hair therapy, Natasha not only created a six-step consulting system for helping her staff identify and meet her client’s needs, she has also developed her own seven different hair care products, to supplement the line of top-notch goodies already in use at her salon. When Natasha is not helping people feel fabulous from the inside out, or making herself camera-ready for a television appearance (most recently, The Rachael Ray Show), she is working as an industry leader and educator for L’Oreal’s exclusive hair care line, Pureology.