One of our fashionable faves Jessica Alba is celebrating her 31st birthday today and to honor the lovely lady, we’re stealing some of her hottest hairstyles from over the years. From long beachy waves to a full-bodied bob, the Sin City star has rocked every style, and you can too with these great professional styling tips from Stacey Ellis of Byu-Ti Salon!
1. On clean, dry hair, spray Pureology Fortifying Heat Spray evenly throughout the hair. Pay special attention to the ends that need the most heat protection!
2. Using a 1″ inch curling iron, take sections 1″ inch square in size. They don’ t all have to be the exact same size, some sections can be a little bigger for a more organic-looking wave.
3. Spray each section as you go with Pureology Strengthening Control.
4. Hold the iron horizontally and wrap the hair around the barrel about two inches from the scalp. Hold on to the ends of the hair and wrap like a candy cane until all of the hair is curled.
5. Spray curls with Pureology Strengthening Control then tip your head upside down and rake your hands through the waves! The bigger the better for this look!
Image credit: thehairstyler.com
Tips by: Stacey Ellis of Byu-Ti Salon, Los Angeles, CA.
Byu-Ti Salon is Santa Monica’s premier hair boutique, catering to some of Hollywood’s most notable manes, including that of Ivanka Trump, Molly Sims and Eva Herzigova. The founder of Byu-Ti Salon, Natasha Sunshine, is known in the Los Angeles and New York City fashion circles for her keen sense of style and unique approach to hair therapy, Natasha not only created a six-step consulting system for helping her staff identify and meet her client’s needs, she has also developed her own seven different hair care products, to supplement the line of top-notch goodies already in use at her salon. When Natasha is not helping people feel fabulous from the inside out, or making herself camera-ready for a television appearance (most recently, The Rachael Ray Show), she is working as an industry leader and educator for L’Oreal’s exclusive hair care line, Pureology.