With all the time brides spend trying to find the perfect dress, venue and flower arrangement, don’t let your hair fall to last on the to-do list. Since it’s your big day, you obviously need to shine like the star you are! The red carpet (where haute hair is a prereq) is the perfect place to turn for stunning styles for your bland strands. From a beach-wedding look to black-tie formality, your ‘do will be almost as special as your “I do.”
SURA RADCLIFFE SAYS:
A style with this much volume can be done on either clean or dirty hair but, considering it’s your big day, clean hair is definitely the best option! Follow these 10 easy steps to snag Nicole Richie’s elegant look for your own nuptials.
1. Apply Pureology Colour Stylist Nourishing Nectar Sculpting Gel ($20.79 on Sleekhair.com) to damp, clean hair, focusing on the scalp and hair shaft, leaving out the ends.
2. Apply Pureology Colour Stylist Cuticle Polisher Shine Serum ($20.79 on Sleekhair.com) to the ends and work through thoroughly.
3. Comb both products through so they are distributed evenly throughout hair.
4. Blow hair dry with a Tecnica Denman Anti-Static Ion Hair Brush – Brush ($12.99 on Sleekhair.com), working the sides and crown area toward the ceiling. If you have bangs, leave it out.
5. Once the hair is blown dry, take an oval or diamond section and pin up.
6. Smooth the remaining hair with the Denman brush and pull into a secure ponytail.
7. Flat-iron hair to smooth your ponytail by taking small sections, working from the nape up.
8. Gently backcomb hair toward the ceiling, starting at the crown and moving forward. With the last section closest to the fringe, be sure to backcomb from behind to camouflage the teasing.
9. Flat-iron ends by taking small sections, starting at the nape and working forward.
10. Spray hair with Pureology Colour Stylist Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray ($19.19 on Sleekhair.com).
Photo credit: hairromance.com
SURA RADCLIFFE & ANDI SCARBROUGH of Byu-Ti Salon, Los Angeles, CA.
Byu-Ti Salon is Santa Monica’s premier hair boutique, catering to some of Hollywood’s most notable manes, including that of Ivanka Trump, Molly Sims and Eva Herzigova. The founder of Byu-Ti Salon, Natasha Sunshine, is known in the Los Angeles and New York City fashion circles for her keen sense of style and unique approach to hair therapy, Natasha not only created a six-step consulting system for helping her staff identify and meet her client’s needs, she has also developed her own seven different hair care products, to supplement the line of top-notch goodies already in use at her salon. When Natasha is not helping people feel fabulous from the inside out, or making herself camera-ready for a television appearance (most recently, The Rachael Ray Show), she is working as an industry leader and educator for L’Oreal’s exclusive hair care line, Pureology.