Happy 10th birthday to Shecky’s (have you checked out our amazing deals and more?)! In honor of the awesome party attitude that goes along with a b-day and our love for Fridays, we’re bringing you a TOP 10 AT 10AM every Friday.
With the World Series getting closer, football season in full swing and hockey just starting up, October is a big month for sports-spectating. But just ’cause you’ve got a jersey, a ticket, and a fresh 50 to pay for all that food and drink, doesn’t mean you’re well prepared. Below, 10 things not to do at a sporting event.
1. Get overly wasted. Yes, it’s time to eat, drink and be merry, but I have an inkling as to why those beers are 10 bucks a piece. No, no, not to pay for that schmaltzy stadium. It’s so you remember the important stuff (like the Yankees actually getting booted from the playoffs).
2. Be a sloptart with your food. Building on point #1, the ditty may go “buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks,” but this old-time song needs a serious update. Nachos, sauerkraut-laden ‘dogs and popcorn seem a little messy and barf-worthy after all that warm beer. And, you wouldn’t want to spill ketchup on the pristine white numbers of your official Manning jersey, would you? Chow down but keep it proper, my pretties.
3. Wear high heels. Guys, I’m guilty of this (hanging my head in shame). But after onetrip up the concrete bleachers at MSG (plus a few 10-dollar beers in my system) and some odd looks, I learned. It’s uncomfortable and you look prissy.
4. Yell obscenities. Ladies, ladies. I have heard one too many gals at sporting events who sound like truck drivers. What if it’s a five-year-old fan’s first day at the game and she goes home spewing out “Tony Homo” insults? Be aware of your surroundings and keep it PG.
5. Stand up. Unless half the stadium is doing it, or you’re involved in a wave, SIDDOWN. How would you like it if the beefcake in front of you were blocking your view of home plate?
6. Make out with someone in the stands. Even if that goal made you feel amorous, keep the hockey on the ice. Not in your mouth!
7. Over Tweet/Facebook/photograph or otherwise document. A status update ‘cause you’re stoked is fine. A real-time gallery of 20 pics is not.
8. Propose to someone. Or accept the proposal in question. Can I talk about how much I hate people who do this? See more here>>
9. Give a play by play. You are AT the game. Contrary to any fantasy you have, you’re not on Sportscenter.
10. Attempt to look sexy. Who cares how you look? If you match your SPARKLY makeup to your jersey, I judge you.
GIRL TALK TIME: Are you going to any sporting events this season? Which ones? What do you think of these tips? What annoys you at sporting events?