The holiday weekend is almost here, so now it’s time to really get things cookin’! Hospitality expert Emillio Mesa is back with Labor Day brunch recipes that are sure to be a hit this weekend. And what better way to unwind and forget about work than with deviled eggs, fresh fruit skewers and mimosas? YUM.
Deviled Eggs with Turkey Bacon and Chives
12 lg. hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
6 slices of turkey bacon
2 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
2 tsp. honey mustard
1 tsp. white vinegar
2 Tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 c. sour cream
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Smoked paprika, to garnish
1. Cook turkey bacon slices until crisp. Drain and allow to cool. Crumble.
2. Slice each of your hard-boiled eggs lengthwise in half, to make 24 halves.
3. Scoop egg yolks out and into a bowl. Mash slightly.
4. Add remaining ingredients to egg yolks, mixing until well combined. If mixture is too thick, add a bit more sour cream, if desired.
5. Evenly divide yolk mixture amongst your egg white halves. You’ll probably need to fill them generously—it makes a lot of filling!
6. Garnish with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
-Emillio Mesa of Brunch Republik
Emillio Mesa has spent the past 11 years as a professional Events Director for hotspots such as Cain (NYC, The Hamptons and Miami); an Events Planner for corporate luxury goods, celebrities and weddings for clients such as Goldman Sachs, Johnson & Johnson, Mont Blanc, Armani Exchange and Donald Trump to name a few; and as Head Concierge where he launched three of the most exclusive hotel properties in NYC.
This tri-lingual and international traveler counts global pop culture, cuisine, entertainment and film as his personal passions. As a TV host/producer, storyteller, idea generator, planner, artist, and (most importantly) specialist for the hospitality and lifestyle sectors, he has been profiled by Vogue, Metrosource, New York Observer, Biz Bash and Club Systems Intl. He is the Founder and Creative Director of BRUNCH REPUBLIK (a site based on the principles of The Lost Art of Hospitality with interviews, customer service tales,”hidden gems” and “Citizens”). In his role as arbiter of the New Young Philanthropists, he is presenting an exclusive cause-related art salon that will rotate “The Brunch” series.
For more info travel to: BrunchRepublik.com
Follow: facebook.com/Emillio.Mesa and twitter.com/EmillioMesa