GUSHING GLEEK: I am proud to admit that I am a gushing gleek. It’s a feel-good show with unreal talent and seriously underrated one-liners…and I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t been counting down to this season’s premiere. Season two is in session and I’m here all semester season long to give you my opinions and picks.
SEASON 2, EPISODE 7: THE SUBSTITUTE
BELOW ARE MY FAVE PARTS OF THIS WEEK’S EPISODE! LEAVE ME A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW YOURS!
1. BABY GLEE CLUB?! All of the babies were spot on. Specifically Mercedes.
2. The first time we are introduced to Gwyneth Paltrow as substitute Holly Holiday she’s asking the class, in Spanish, how many times Lindsay Lohan has been in rehab.
3. In an effort to fool Ms. Holiday, the glee club decides to introduce themselves as each other’s names. Brittany’s choice? Mike Chang, naturally.
4. Holly Holiday may very well be the best substitute teacher. In the history of substitute teachers. Ever.
5. Will’s dream was perfect. Mostly because it was only with Mike. And because Schu looks good in a newsboy cap.
6. Broccoli? Toilet brush? Small tree?
7. I’m glad the glee club is so down on funding but can afford things like elaborate (faux) fur outfits and waterfall sets.
8. Mercedes third wheels a date with Kurt and Blaine and the conversation solely consists of gay issues ranging from “don’t ask don’t tell” and Prop 8…to Vogue covers and Patti LuPone. Mercedes only perks up at the thought of tots.
9. Holly Holiday’s one mistake all episode was her rocking of a beret and I was so happy Sue called her out on it.
10. The glee club gives Mr. Schuester a standing ovation when he returns which is supremely cheesy…but necessary, and adorable.
GIRL TALK TIME: What was your favorite part of the episode? What was your favorite performance? Did you like Gwyneth Paltrow on the episode? Are you excited for Carol Burnett to guest star next week? Will you download the Glee Christmas CD?