Always Sunny Aficionado: One of the reasons I love It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is how the sheer political incorrectness/ridiculousity brings light to otherwise serious issues. Plus, the self-centered “gang” and their band of unique acquaintances have an infinitely entertaining amount of quirks. I’m here every week to give you the scoop on what I think…and hear what you have to say, too.
SEASON 6: EPISODE 8: THE GANG GETS A NEW MEMBER
This week, I’ve compiled my top 10 faves from the ep. See mine, and tell me yours!
1. Charlie’s butt dance, especially when Smitty and Charlie had a butt-off of sorts (butt dance 2.0!).
2. When Dr. Myers, Dee’s high school drama teacher, refers to her as a “hideous monster” for her portrayal of Frankenstein (remember her back brace in high school?!).
3. Smitty, Frank and Charlie debating about how to play nightcrawlers.
4. The four sterling silver rings that the gang buys when they kick Charlie out and take on Smitty. I love that “together they make a clover!”
5. Dee admitting that Charlie is good at cleaning out toilets and taking out the trash.
6. Charlie taking this knowledge and applying to be a substitute janitor, using a picture of Bruce Jenner as his “resume” since that symbolizes the excellence he’ll bring to the job.
7. The initiation of Smitty—because it’s totally not weird, it’s what the mafia, freemasons and the White House do.
8. …And Mac having a major fail moment when he tries to roundhouse kick the light again…and again.
9. Smitty getting kicked out of a moving vehicle (for the second time!).
10. Dee teaching drama class at high school. Love the high schoolers’ monotone voices, Dee’s impression of Frankenstein and Dr. Myers’ fall.
Questions left unanswered:
1. Whose baby is Dee having? I vote for Bill Ponderosa, but others are thinking Rickety Cricket.
2. Will Smitty be back in other eps? Did you like him?
3. Will Charlie come back to the gang?
GIRL TALK TIME: What did you think of this week’s ep? What were you faves? Share now and predict what you think will happen next time around.