As we get older, indulging on Halloween shifts from candy to candy’s older and slightly more evil counterpart, booze. Weekends in general usually mean more party and less sleep, and the fiesta atmosphere is amplified on a holiday weekend like the one that just passed! Basically, it’s Monday morning, I know you’re hungover and at your desk feeling scary-sick. So, I have a few food and drink suggestions to help ya out.
P.S.: While these tips will make your body feel better, I can’t recommend much for a bruised ego after one too many shots and one too many Facebook pics snapped. My best advice: detag.
HYDRATE: It’s a work day so the old myth of “the hair of the dog that bit you” ex.: drinking to cure a hangover, can’t apply, lest you fill a thermos with a Bloody Mary and shadily drink at your desk (NOT advised). What we do advise is drinking of a different kind.
1. Hello, H2O! Take advantage of the office water cooler or good old-fashioned tap and chug away on the good stuff. Eight cups a day is always ideal, but especially when you’ve used and abused your body via alcohol, you couldn’t need agua more.
2. Electrolytes are also a major plus, hence why you always see athletes glugging down the Gatorade, though we’re not sure how dumping it on their heads effects their performance…(another activity we don’t recommend in-office).
3. I whole-heartedly recommend tea as opposed to coffee. While a big cup of joe may sound ideal when you’re feeling exhausted, coffee also dehydrates, while tea offers the same caffeine, won’t dehydrate you and offers cleansing benefits not found in java. Green tea is your BFF on a day like this.
4. The nutrients found in coconut water virtually kill a hangover instantly. I couldn’t speak higher of this miracle bevy.
5. A Bloody might be out of the question, but plain tomato juice does help your body metabolize alcohol quickly. Grab a V-8 and get drinking.
NEXT UP, EATING>