Ah, the office. Tearing through your to-do list, answering all the emails in your inbox and spreadsheeting till your heart’s content can be a little yawn-worthy sometimes. That’s why it’s always handy to have a great playlist on heavy rotation while you’re plugging away. We surveyed our Shecky’s Staffers for some of their work-worthy jams. Read on, buy your faves on iTunes (um, your computer just blue-screened for the fifth time today, you deserve a treat) and tell us YOUR work playlist picks.
1. “The World is Mine” by David Guetta—I LOVE house music and I LOVE music that inspires me to work hard and dance harder! That song keeps my head bopping and my fingers tapping away on the key board.
2. “My Moon, My Man” by Feist—I love this song because it’s mellow and isn’t distracting, and it just makes me happy.
3. “Boom Boom Pow” by the Black Eyed Peas—It gets me motivated to SELL.
4. “Poison” by Bell Biv Devoe—When it comes on my Pandora list, it makes me laugh, brings back good memories and gives me an irresistible urge to do the running man!
5. “The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song” by The Flaming Lips—It’s exciting and gets me going.
6. “Umbilical Moonrise” by Lotus—It’s the first thing I play when I start cruising through my morning emails. This song is a live recording from a 2005 show. The uplifting tunes and roaring crowd gets me groovin’ and always starts my day off on the right beat.
7. “Hearts and Fire” by Cut Copy—Yeah, it’s on my workout playlist, too, but it’s a great wake-up call when I’m feeling tired.
8. “Diplomat’s Son” by Vampire Weekend—I’m obsessed with Vampire Weekend and this song is just really mellow and has so many different instruments and beats in it.
9. “Shine on You Crazy Diamond” by Pink Floyd—It inspires me to be crazy-creative, and since it’s such a long and complex song, it’s both uplifting/energizing and totally chill.
10. “Dont Worry, Be Happy” by Bob Marley—With a super-stressful day and tons of projects on my plate, this jam is perfect to put things back into perspective.
We gave us ours…so what do YOU like to listen to at work? Tell us your faves or a few. We wanna add them to our Shecky’s playlist!